Monday 20 May 2013

Alan McGowan


Alan is an artist that uses traditional materials; ink, water colour, etc, but produces work in a contemporary way. Having supplied artwork for packaging, editorials and publishing t name a few, he certainly knows where the work is.
I have selected Alan to draw inspiration from because of his loose style that flows through his art work, it reminds me of when i produce the water over the ink part of my working process.

http://illustrationart.net/index.html



I have also had a reply from Alan to my self-promotional studies questions. Here are his Answers:


Hi Nathan Getting started is never easy and probably less so than when I did back in the 1980's. Still you have to try. Advice - make sure people know about your work; publicise yourself; go and see people in magazines, newspapers , publishers etc; have something tangible to leave with them (postcard or printout etc). Keep doing what you believe in and hopefully you will find other people that believe in you too. Keep your overheads low (I worked from a bedroom for years). I've nearly always done a bit of teaching, so to that extent I have had part-time jobs, and that does help the cash situation - just avoid the "other" job taking up so much time that it totally dominates. Just try and get out and get some experience, the challenge is there to be met! Good luck Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment